Cornelia Schulz (b. 1936) lives and works in the San Francisco Bay Area. For close to 50 years she has honed her skills in abstract paintings of complex shape and color. Her early education in the arts began at the Los Angeles County Art Institute in 1954 through 1957, the heyday of the California Ceramics Revolution. She studied sculpture in clay and wood with Renzo Fenci (1914 – 1999), and drawing from Herbert Jepson (1908 –1993). She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts in painting (1959) and her Master of Fine Arts in welded steel sculpture (1961) from the San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI).
Schulz began her teaching career at the University of California Davis Art Department in 1973, retiring as Professor Emeritus in 2002. During her tenure at the University of California in Davis, Cornelia Schulz became the first female Chair of the Department of Art from 1988 to 1992, serving again in 1995.
Cornelia Schulz is included in the permanent collections of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive; SFO Museum at San Francisco International Airport; and the Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art, Davis, California, as well as many national and international collections.